Museum of Arts and Design (MAD): Open during Winter’s Eve
On Winter’s Eve visit the Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) and take advantage of extraordinary late hours, discounts, pay-as-you-wish admission, and even a free guided tour. Read more about what MAD is offering below:
- The museum is exceptionally open from 5:30-9:00pm on Winter’s Eve (Monday, November 30)
- 20% discount in the Store at MAD on November 30 (10% additional discount to Members): Get your Holiday Shopping done!
- Pay-As-You-Wish Admission for the whole museum with three exhibitions on view:
- Wendell Castle Remastered (On display through February 28, 2016)
- Japanese Kōgei | Future Forward (On display through February 7, 2016)
- Ebony G. Patterson: Dead Treez (On display through April 3, 2016)
- A free special guided tour of the exhibitions at 6:30pm (Meet in the museum lobby)
- Artist Margaret Braun will meet visitors in MAD’s Open Studios: Braun uses pastillage as her medium, fashioning 2,000 drinking cups out of sugar.
Plus, MAD will serve as a New York Cares Coat Drive until Thursday, December 31.
About Mad: The Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) champions contemporary artists, designers, and artisans across creative fields. Since its founding in 1956, the Museum has celebrated all facets of making and the creative processes by which materials are transformed, from traditional techniques to cutting-edge technologies. Today, MAD offers a rich variety of exhibitions and public programs, presenting contemporary art and design through a craft lens.
Location: MAD: 2 Columbus Circle
Time: 5:30- 9:00pm